Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happenin

I'm at work right now and I thought I would take a break and update you a little on what's goin down in the Smith's crib/life.
I started writing a book! Yay! It's going to be a fiction novel. I know that Carlen is the English Major and what not but I also enjoy writing. He's going to write books of his own once he's graduated; which will be this Spring. Well I guess the only thing going on with me is work and writing a book.
Carlen has to read 18 books this semester and he is constantly reading in our room. Right now he has to finish Moby Dick and Ulysses which are very long books! Ahhh! I wouldn't be able to do it.
We found a couple Wolf Spiders in our basement! If you didn't know already, I have a severe case of Arachnophobia! It makes me so paranoid and I have to vacuum like it's going out of style. I now have to have the light on when i'm walking around so I can make sure I don't step on a spider; which never happens, but just in case. I also check the bed and covers each night to make sure there are no spiders in the bed. Oh I also check the celings, shower, and corners of the walls. You might call it OCD I guess. I don't really know how I developed this fear of spiders since I don't remember a dramatic experience involving them. Luckily our cats can track any insect down, they are the ultimate hunters. Especially Coco, we gave her the middle name of Flidais which is an Irish Goddess in Irish Mythology. She is the greatest huntress and goddess of the forests, so it is a perfect nickname for Coco. I don't know how they find some of the tiniest bugs that blend in with the carpet, it's insane, but grand.
But anywho, just thought I'd give you a sneak peak into the life and mind of Vanessa.

No comments: